Substitute Executive Officer - Front Office (konsulent kode 1065)
A full-time, substitute position as Executive Officer (konsulent, kode 1065) is available in the Sars Centre administration office starting February 2018 and is initially available for one year. The position is one of 5 positions providing administrative support to the Centre's current staff of 45 scientific and 15 technical positions. The Centre is also temporarily hosting a variable number of visiting scientists, including undergraduate students from foreign universities. Most current employees at the Sars Centre are non-Norwegian and English is the main working language at the Centre. The Sars Centre belongs to the University of Bergen and is partner of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Receptionist duties including telephone inquiries, postal and courier routines, administer employee/guest keys and ID cards, manage room bookings, seminar announcements and general administrative support
- Administer incoming and outgoing correspondence using ePhorte
- Ordering and processing invoices, employee/guest reimbursements and travel claims
- Registration of the Centre's research results in Cristin
- Responsibility for some common equipment and common rooms
- Additional administrative support duties may be added to the position
- Bachelor degree within administration or relevant field. Long and relevant work experience can in some circumstances compensate for lack of the formal educational requirement for the position
- Relevant work experience within administration
- Knowledge of administrative IT systems used at UiB, experience with ePhorte and Cristin is an advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills (both English and Norwegian)
- As the first contact point for the Centre, you must be able to create a positive first impression, be service minded and solution oriented
- Ability to work independently and systematically and prioritize tasks to deliver work on time
- Ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse nationalities and educational backgrounds
When evaluating candidates, a strong emphasis will be put on the personal qualifications which are considered essential for the position.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary as Executive Officer (konsulent, kode 1065/LR17, alt. 8) from pay grade 38-49, based on formal assessment of civil service seniority and qualifications currently equal to NOK 366.400-430.100
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise)
- Good welfare benefits
Application in English or Norwegian:Send your application electronically via JobbNorge "Apply for this Job" - see here.
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant's background and motivation for applying for the position
- Certified copies of transcripts and other relevant certificates
- The names and contact information for two reference persons
The application and appendences with certified translation into English or Norwegian must be uploaded at JobbNorge. Please note that applications will be assessed only with the information available in JobbNorge when the deadline expires. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.Applications by e-mail only will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2018
Interviews will be held in Norwegian and English.
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting Head of Administration Carol Bruce, tel.: +47 55 58 43 60, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State sector staff shall to the extent possible reflect the diversity in the population at large. The state personnel policies aim at a balanced age and gender composition and recruit people with immigrant background. People with immigrant background or reduced work capacity are encouraged to apply for the position.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has been asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
The successful candidate must comply with the guidelines and regulations that apply to the position at all times.