Communications Consultant (Førstekonsulent, kode 1408)
A permanent full-time position as Communications Consultant (Førstekonsulent, kode 1408) is available in the Sars Centre administration office starting April 2018. The administrative staff at the Sars Centre provides general office and administrative support including financial, personnel and HSE services for the Centre's management, researchers and students; today totaling approximately 70 employees and guests. The Sars Centre belongs to the University of Bergen and is partner of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Help implement communication strategies at the Sars Centre
- Produce material that will highlight the Centre's activities and increase the Centre's awareness within the University system as well as to the general public
- Develop the web content including social media activity
- Produce info videos explaining Sars science and research
- Write popularized articles and presentations related to Sars research
- Organize outreach initiatives targeting young and wide audiences
- Produce the Sars Centre Annual Report
- Administrative support duties may be added to the position
- Bachelor degree within relevant field. Long and relevant work experience can in some circumstances compensate for lack of the formal educational requirements for the position
- Background in molecular biology and experience with scientific writing
- Relevant work experience within communication and outreach activities
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and administrative IT systems used at UiB is an advantage
- Previous experience from international Academic and Research sectors is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills (both English and Norwegian)
- Ability to work independently and systematically and prioritize tasks to deliver work on time
- Ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively and cooperatively with scientific staff of diverse nationalities and educational backgrounds
- When evaluating candidates, a strong emphasis will be put on the personal qualifications considered essential for the position
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary as Executive Officer (Førstekonsulent, kode 1408) from pay grade 44-53, salary frame 21, (currently equal to 398.100 – 459.100) based on a formal assessment of civil service seniority and qualifications
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise)
- Good welfare benefits
Application in English or Norwegian:Send your application electronically via JobbNorge "Apply for this Job" - see here.
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant's background and motivation for applying for the position
- Certified copies of transcripts and other relevant certificates
- The names and contact information for two reference persons
The application and appendences with certified translation into English or Norwegian must be uploaded at JobbNorge. Please note that applications will be assessed only with the information available in JobbNorge when the deadline expires. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.Applications by e-mail only will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 02 March 2018.
Interviews will be held in Norwegian and English.
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting Head of Administration Carol Bruce, tel.: +47 55 58 43 60, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State sector staff shall to the extent possible reflect the diversity in the population at large. The state personnel policies aim at a balanced age and gender composition and recruit people with immigrant background. People with immigrant background or reduced work capacity are encouraged to apply for the position.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has been asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
More information about the appointment process here.