Substitute HR Consultant (Executive Officer, code 1408)
A full-time, substitute position as HR Consultant (Executive Officer, code 1408) is available in the Sars Centre administration starting March 2018 and through March 2019. There is a possibility for an extension beyond the initial period of employment should the dates change for the planned leave of the person currently holding the position. The administrative staff at the Sars Centre provides general office and administrative support including financial, personnel and HSE services for the Centre's management and researchers; today totalling approximately 70 employees and guests. The Sars Centre belongs to the University of Bergen and is partner of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Assist Head of Administration with recruitment procedures from advertising to employment
- Registration of salary and personnel data in PAGA
- Maintain the Centre's personnel files and register personnel related documentation using the electronic archive system ePhorte
- Relocating services for newly recruited personnel, students and guests
- Provide general administrative support for employees, students and guests
- Additional administrative support duties such as maintaining the Centre's website may be added to the position
- Minimum Bachelor degree within a relevant field
- Work experience within the area of personnel and experience from the public sector is desired. Knowledge of Norwegian immigration regulations is an advantage
- Previous experience from international Academic and Research sectors is an asset
- Ability to use IT tools in administrative management, experience using ePhorte and the UiB web publishing system is an advantage
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both oral and written
Personal Qualifications:We are looking for someone:
- Service minded, flexible and solution oriented
- Systematic and attentive to details
- Independent and willing to take on responsibility
- Possessing good cooperation and communication skills
When evaluating candidates, a strong emphasis will be put on the personal qualifications which are considered essential for the position.
We can offer:
- A versatile position with good possibility for competence development
- A good and professionally challenging and social working environment
- Salary as Executive Officer (førstekonsulent, code 1408) from pay grade 44–53, salary frame 21, based on a formal assessment of civil service seniority and qualifications
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens pensjonskasse, SPK
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise)
- Good welfare benefits
Application in English or Norwegian:Send your application electronically via JobbNorge "Apply for this Job" - see here.
Your application must include:
- A brief account of the applicant's background and motivation for applying for the position
- Certified copies of transcripts and other relevant certificates
- The names and contact information for two reference persons
The application and appendences with certified translation into English or Norwegian must be uploaded at JobbNorge. Please note that applications will be assessed only with the information available in JobbNorge when the deadline expires. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.Applications by e-mail only will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 24 November 2017
Interviews will be held in Norwegian and English.
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting Head of Administration Carol Bruce, tel.: +47 55 58 43 60, email email@example.com.
UiB is an organization that particularly must be adaptive to changing conditions and requirements. Consequently the person employed must be prepared to see tasks changes.
The State sector staff shall to the extent possible reflect the diversity in the population at large. The state personnel policies aim at a balanced age and gender composition and recruit people with immigrant background. People with immigrant background or reduced work capacity are encouraged to apply for the position.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has been asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
The successful candidate must comply with the guidelines and regulations that apply to the position at all times.