Substitute Financial Officer (Seniorkonsulent, code 1363)
A full-time, substitute position as Financial Officer (Seniorkonsulent, code 1363) is available in the Sars Centre administration from February 2018 until February 2019. There is a possibility for an extension beyond the initial period of employment should the dates change for the planned leave of the person currently holding the position. The administrative staff at the Sars Centre provides general office and administrative support including financial, personnel and HSE services for the Centre's management and researchers; today totalling approximately 70 employees and guests. The Sars Centre belongs to the University of Bergen and is partner of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg, Germany and is organized directly under the Rector at UiB via its own Board.
We are looking for an independent, structured and cooperative team member with a strong understanding of financial management and experience within project management. As financial officer, you will have varied and independent job tasks and work closely with our researchers in an international environment. The person filling the position is expected to contribute to ensuring that good and fair accounting practices, as set forth by the University of Bergen, are followed. The position is one of 5 administrative positions at the Centre and the person employed will report to the Sars Centre Head of Administration.
The financial officer's main tasks are as follows:
- Financial support for all phases of externally funded projects; includes contract application, progress and termination processes
- Budget and budget revisions for Sars Centre core budget (prepare, follow-up and control)
- Prepare prognosis and deviation reports for Sars management and UiB Finance Department
- Financial reporting to independent project managers
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, project start-up and termination, correcting entries and other financial tasks
- Development and quality assurance of financial routines for the Sars Centre
- Additional duties as necessary
- Master degree within a relevant field. Relevant work experience in the field together with other related training may in special circumstances be considered equivalent to the formal requirements for the position
- Budgetary and accounting experience, as well as project management experience is required
- Strong administrative IT skills, in particular Excel
- Experience with the University of Bergen's administrative systems is an advantage
- Good written and spoken language skills, Norwegian and English
- Strong interest for numbers and understanding of finance
- Structured, analytical and attentive to detail
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Good communicator at all levels of the organization
- Work independently and take responsibility for your area of discipline
- Flexible and service-minded
In assessing the candidates, emphasis will be laid on personal qualifications we desire in this post.
- A challenging position with interesting work tasks in an internationally acknowledged scientific environment
- Salary as Senior consultant (Seniorkonsulent, code 1363) from grade level 52-60 (currently NOK 450.900 – 517.300/year), based on a formal assessment of civil service seniority and qualifications
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens pensjonskasse, SPK
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise)
- good welfare benefits
Applications must include:
- Application letter stating your motivation for applying to this position and why you feel you are a successful candidate for this position
- Overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- Certified copies of educational transcripts and other relevant documents
- The names and contact information for two reference persons
Please send your application before 17 November 2017 with attachments electronically via JobbNorge by clicking on the button "Apply for this job" - see here. Please note that all applications will be assessed only with the information available in JobbNorge when the deadline expires. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Applications by e-mail only will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Head of Administration Carol Bruce, tel.: +47 55 58 43 60, email email@example.com.
UiB is an organization that particularly must be adaptive to changing conditions and requirements. Consequently the person employed must be prepared to see tasks changes.
The State sector staff shall to the extent possible reflect the diversity in the population at large. The state personnel policies aim at a balanced age and gender composition and recruit people with immigrant background. People with immigrant background or reduced work capacity are encouraged to apply for the position.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has been asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
The successful candidate must comply with the guidelines and regulations that apply to the position at all times.